Friday, September 13, 2013

Being Clever and Tea Blogging

I am going to be clever, I want to have a nice shiny new tea blog up everyday but sometimes there are days when I sleep too late and miss any good lighting that the sun is nice enough to share...and lets face it, flash photography is terrible...or my batteries are dead, or I have way to much to do to sit down and review a new tea. Incredibly tragic, I know, but sometimes life finds a way.

So, to be clever I am taking time to review a TON of teas and take all the photos and notes in my fancy tea note book (it is awesome, leather bound perfect purse size) so that when there are days when I do not have the time to sample a new tea I can check my notes and photos and still write about them here. Hooray!

So tomorrow morning...and by morning I mean afternoon since I have gone all nocturnal again...I will resume with tea reviews and they should be everyday unless something really distracting happens.

And now back to getting pummeled at JoJo's Bizarre Adventure All Star Battle, the coolest game ever. Yes I am playing Caesar :P

6 comments:

  1. Since you are a tea enthusiast I must ask, how do you prepare your tea? I have tried tea before and I want to love it, but I just don't. I'm pretty certain that it is because of the way I make it. If so many people love tea and I am NOT a picky eater/drinker, than it only makes sense that I must be doing something wrong :D

    -Tiffany (Shlamoof)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well that depends, each type of tea has a different steep time and temperature so getting one of those wrong can really botch up your cup. If you have a specific tea you want to know how to prepare I can certainly help (or point you in the right direction if I don't know) It could be maybe you are unlucky and have gotten some bad teas (they do exist!) which can also put a damper on your enjoyment.

      Delete
    2. Whoops, I could have sworn I replied to this. I have been told that even if someone doesn't like teas, that they will probably tolerate Earl Grey Tea fairly well. So I would love to know your take on how to best prepare that kind :) Also, I had no idea that teas differ in how you steep them. I just figured you put the tea in a cup of water and wait for the strength you like. I have so much to learn!

      Delete
    3. I was the same way at first, I just used boiling water for everything and ended up with some nasty teas! Earl Grey is great for beginners, especially if you like citrus (if not I would suggest English Breakfast as a starter tea) just bring water to a boil and steep for about 4 minutes. I usually take my earls with a spoon of sugar and a dash of cream. Some really good Earl Greys that I have had are: Twinings, Earl Grey Moonlight by Adagio, Earl Grey Lavender by Revolution Tea, and Stash's Earls. I hope that helps!

      Delete
  2. This sounds like a good idea for those who love tea.

    -Zefaniya Follow me #16

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had NO ideal there was sooo many teas out there in the world. I have a keurig and tend to stay with what is easy found at grocery store. Your blog inspires me to get out and try tea leaves!
    Kraftykj.blogspot passing thru from swap bot
    Follow me 16

    ReplyDelete