Thursday, November 14, 2013

Confessions of a Tea Blogger! Tag!

I was going to complain about how the opera was completely and utterly ruined last night and how I am drowning my sorrows in fried Perogies and copious amounts of heavily creamed tea, but I was tagged! Other than the occasional taggings on deviantart, it has been a while since this happened, how exciting! The tagger was none other than Nicole from Tea For Me Please, whose blog is just awesome. So time to don my Toast hand warmers (got those as an awesome early birthday present from my dear Sheena, my hands are so warm) and confess as a Tea Blogger!

1) First, let's start with how you were introduced & fell in love with the wonderful beverage of tea. 

Hehe, I just wrote a blog about this the other day, but in case you missed it, abridged version: My mom's family is Southern so I drank a TON of Sweet Iced Tea. My dad's family is from England so I also had my morning ritual of making us each a cup of hot black tea (2 sugars, a dash of cream). I have been drinking tea in one form or another as long as I can remember, in fact I think I can safely say my blood type is tea! 

2) What was the very first tea blend that you ever tried? 

Oooh, time to think back, I had lots of different herbal tea blends as a kid but my first blended tea (as in made from Camellia sinensis) was either Earl Grey by Twinings (my mom made it for our tea parties) or Constant Comment by Bigelow (which we drank a lot of at Christmas) which are still very much so nostalgic favorites.


9) Any tea time rituals you have that you'd like to share?


I keep hoping that I will have an area where I can leave my fancy Gong fu setup out and about so I can go to it whenever I want to, but as of now it is mainly my morning of black tea while I attempt to wake up. I do miss the afternoon tea and snacks with my mom. 

3) When did you start your tea blog & what was your hope for creating it? 


My first tea blog entry was back in April of this year, I wanted to review the Minecraft Creeper Tea signature blend I made on Adagio Teas, for fun and because it is Minecraft themed (I have an obsession) and I thought...this is really enjoyable! I was looking for a new way to express myself...my love of  informative writing and constant drinking of tea just blended perfectly. My main hope (other than the selfish desire to be expressive) was to help people learn more about tea and find teas they might enjoy and give it a try. 


4) List one thing most rewarding about your blog & one thing most discouraging. 

The most rewarding thing is definitely hearing from readers who read an entry, try the tea in question, and then end up loving it, that is just so awesome. The most discouraging (other than the obvious more teas than I will ever have the money to try) is when I get sick and something messes up my sense of taste/smell for a few days. True I have plenty of teas logged so I cans till post reviews, but that means I cannot try new teas for a few days, I tend to pout a lot on those days.

5) What type of tea are you most likely to be caught sipping on?

Oooh, that really depends on my mood, but most the time the thing I will go for is an Oolong, the more sweet and floral the better. Except first thing in the morning, I almost always go for a strong black that takes a nice splash of cream and sugar, old habits die hard. 


6) Favourite tea latte to indulge in? 

Do London Fog Steamers count as a latte? I worked in a coffee/tea shop, I should know that but they didn't sell them where I worked! If not definitely Matcha lattes, I could possibly live off of those things given the chance!


7) Favourite treat to pair with your tea?

Everything? Tea is more or less the only thing I drink so it goes with everything I eat. I do enjoy nibbling on crackers with my tea though since I prefer salty snacks. 

8) If there was one place in the World that you could explore the tea culture at, where would it be & why?

Oh man, only one? After a minor explosion of indecision...what? Most the major tea culture centers are places that are very high on my 'too visit, obsessed with their culture and food' list. Probably China because I could also explore the Taoist temples and visit a TCM practitioner. Multitasking! 


10) Time of day you enjoy drinking tea the most: Morning, Noon, Night or Anytime?

When am I not drinking tea? I like my strong teas in the early hours because if I drink them later I won't sleep (though I think I might be building up a mild caffeine resistance), and lots of other teas the rest of the day. Usually I finish my day with an Oolong or Sobacha

11) What's one thing you wish for tea in the future?

My one wish for tea in the future? I hope that one day all the farmers and tea plantations become organic and fair trade. People deserve to be treated fairly and pesticides are nasty for the environment (mushrooms don't like them) it might cost the big companies more money but it would be so worth it. 

-- Who do you tag?

 I TAG:

The Snooty Tea Blog
TeaNation
Stripped-Teas


*Side Note: When you create your own tag post, please start by letting your readers know who you were initially tagged by. Feel free to use the photo above as well.
**If you end up participating in this TAG, tweet Lu Ann your post so everyone can get to know you more too. You can tweet either accounts: @theteacupoflife OR @teaaholic !

5 comments:

  1. I'm so glad +Nicole tagged you. You have such a great writing style. Very nice to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad as well, this was a lot of fun to do. Thank you so much and it is very nice to meet you too!

      Delete
  2. London Fogs totally count!

    Because...uh...I said so!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for participating in the tag! I agree...London Fogs count ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. awesome idea about tea and its different aspects..i loved it...keep it up...

    ReplyDelete