Saturday, January 31, 2015

Influenster: #FrostyVoxBox, Product Review Time!

I am FINALLY getting around to reviewing the #FrostyVoxBox products so kindly sent to me by Influenster, my original plan was to buy my new phone right after the first of the year and then immediately review the products and do all the fancy Instagram tasks. Plans never really go as planned, so thanks to what seemed like an endless supply of computer problems it took me until now to get to it. Starting off with Celestial Seasonings Candy Cane Lane...wait, I did already review that ;)


The real first thing I tried was RedVines Fruit Vines Bites in Strawberry flavor, and as you can tell by the torn up bag, they went fast. I love chewy strawberry licorice things, I used to eat them like crazy as a kid, sadly I have had to give them up because they have wheat in them, and I am allergic to wheat. Boo. So I ate a few to see if they were any good and shared the rest with family and friends. We all agreed that yeah, they were delicious, I certainly thought they were worth the rash I got from it! They taste like a blend of strawberry jam, extra thick strawberry jello, and a little bit of wheat, not everyone I tried this with could taste the wheat, so that might have just been me being extra sensitive. If they ever make a GF version expect me to eat many many bags of them.

Next up is the girly stuff, yep, I mean makeup! I mean guys wear makeup too (just look at The Winter Soldier, pretty sure he wears more eyeliner than me) but the pale pink of NYC New York Color Expert Last Lip Color just felt super feminine to me, so I had to match it with a flowery pink shirt when I wore it out the one day.

The color does most certainly last, plus it shimmers! I do not wear it all that often, mainly because my boyfriend hates the feeling of lipstick and I want to kiss him...sooooo, yeah. I do however, wear Rimmel Scandaleyes Waterproof Kohl Kajal Eyeliner all the time, I practically do not leave the house without this stuff on my face, er, eyes. I really do love it. It came with Rimmel Gentle Eye Makeup Remover, just let it go indeed! I like it, I always wanted to try eye makeup remover but was afraid it would hurt my sensitive eyes and was not wanting to spend like $7 on something that I could never use. Now, having used it, I can say my eyes are perfectly fine...plus it is pretty much the only thing that will remove the eyeliner, so unless you want that 'slept in your eyemakeup' look, you are going to need it.


omg I look so bad....
Onto maintenance things! Have to keep yourself looking groomed and fresh! First up is my little vlog about Boots No7 Protect & Perfect ADVANCED Serum.

Next is EcoTools Sleek + Shine Finisher Hair Brush it is super fancy eco friendly and good for people who use blow dryers. I do not even own a blow dryer, never found them useful...I just let my hair air dry. Eh, I am not a huge fan of this brush, I prefer softer brushes and the bristles on this one really hurt my scalp, I will say one funny thing about this brush, my cat (Tao, the fluffy fat one) loves it! She sleeps on it and rubs her face all over it, so it has found a very loving place in my home.

Lastly, we have thyme. specifically McCormick Gourmet All Natural Thyme. This was a big hit at Christmas, my mom used some in a recipe where she put cream cheese and almonds on dried apricots and then sprinkled them with Thyme, it is safe to say that I ate the most, I loved it. I have been using it a lot, it is super fresh and herbaceous.

*As per Influenster Rules:  I received these products complimentary from Influenster for testing purposes*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.