Monday, October 3, 2016

Taiwan Treat: White Tip Oolong, A Tea Review

I am both happy and sad, apparently the update coming to Minecraft either tomorrow or Wednesday (I don't remember the date) is in fact not bringing the new End stuff. This means I don't have to worry about redoing my epic End builds, but also no new purpur and end blocks which is a real bummer. We are getting banners though, which I was honestly unsure if we would get on the console edition. Aaaand apparently Primitive+ for Ark is getting an update soon, so many exciting things in the world of gaming.

Today's bit of tea rambling is for Taiwan Treat's White Tip Oolong, a tea with many names, like Bai Hao and Oriental Beauty, it is a bug-bitten oolong and one of my favorite types to drink, especially in autumn since the aroma and flavor profile always codes as autumnal to me. Even though the leaves are pretty chopped, you get a fuzzy white tips which give the tea its name, along with a few sticks. The aroma is light, very mild notes of cooked apples, a bit of autumn squash and grapes, with a definite note of autumn leaf pile which is the dominant note. This is not necessarily a bad thing, I have run into other really flavor filled OB that had little to no aroma when dry.

Into the green 'easy gaiwan' houhin...thing...the leaves go for a steeping. The aroma of the wet leaves is pretty lackluster, light notes of cooked apples and grapes with a gentle wildflower and autumn leaf pile note. The liquid is a light blend of apples and grapes, there is really not much there but what is present is sweet and fruity.

This tea is immensely mild, light notes of apples and grapes with a distant autumn leaf pile and squash. It has a very light mouthfeel and almost no aftertaste, though it is pleasantly sweet. The first steep did not wow me, granted I am a bit of a connoisseur of bug-bitten teas, so it takes a lot to wow me with them. The second steep was much like the first, it was a little stronger but really not by much. I found myself thinking while drinking that this would probably be a good introductory to OB, allowing someone who has never had it before to see if the autumnal notes are something they would enjoy.

This tea was sent for review purposes by the company.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.