Thursday, February 16, 2017

Quantitea: Gyokuro From Uji-Tawara, A Tea Review

Hey, guess what, Minecraft drama! I had just finished building one of my new bases in my new world and crash, and then crash again...and again. Looked at the info and from what I could glean from searching it is an error with my graphic card. Now, I hate to admit how incredibly tech stupid I am, but I have no idea how to fix that...so I am trying uninstalling and reinstalling the modpack (thus losing my builds...again...) and starting over, failing that I am done. I will go back to the Xbone with its boring blocks and just build like I always do while lusting after modded blocks like I have been doing for years. Poor pitiful me.

There are some teas I can drink all the time, and some I need to be in the right mood to truly appreciate, Puerh and Green Teas being the main culprits here. It is not really surprising with Puerh, since that is how I have always been with it, but with the greens it is a bit amusing, especially with Japanese greens. For years my favorite teas were the various Japanese greens, Genmaicha was my go-to feel good tea, various types of Sencha were my daily drinkers, and of course bowls of Matcha with wagashi were my special treats, within the past two years my tastes have changed and now I only drink them occasionally. Now don't get me wrong, I still love Japanese greens and get very excited for them when I am in the mood, like the tea I am writing about today, Quantitea's Gyokuro From Uji-Tawara. The tea is described as a gateway introduction to Gyokuro, and I am going to say this now...for a gateway Gyokuro, this is one of the best ones I have had! The aroma of the vibrant leaves is very savory, strong notes of fresh kelp, cooked spinach, soybeans, cut grass, cooked kale, bok choy, and lettuce. It is an explosion of green in my nose, all happily savory and evocative of sauteed fresh greens.

The aroma of the brewed leaves is so savory, makes my mouth water! Notes of kelp, toasted nori, sesame seeds, cooked spinach, bok choy, sauteed soybeans. It smells like stir fried veggies and I admit that anytime I sniff Gyokuro I find myself immensely hungry. The liquid is very savory, bordering on buttery with notes of kelp, nori, soybeans, bok choy and cooked spinach.

It starts with a fantastically thick and buttery soup like mouthfeel, my mouth is coated with a savory explosion. Notes of bok choy, toasted nori, kelp, spinach, soybeans,  and lettuce give this tea a strong umami quality. Now in typical Gyokuro fashion, this tea has a very sweet surprise, the midtaste does a very rapid transition from savory to a burst of sesame, sugarcane, and crisp snap peas, making for an immensely sweet finish. The aftertaste is a blend of sugarcane and very fresh cut grass, both of which last for quite a while. I really liked this tea, I was craving a Gyokuro when I tasted it and it delivered the desired Gyrokuro tastes and much more.

This tea was sent for review purposes by the company.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.